Best chutneys for your cheese
- Fig chutney : This sweet jam pairs well with many types of cheese, especially soft, creamy cheeses like brie or camembert.
- Mango chutney: This tangy, fruity chutney is a classic accompaniment to sharp cheddar cheese, and can also be served with other hard, aged cheeses.
- Onion chutney: This savoury chutney made with caramelised onions and spices is a great match for blue cheese, or any cheese with a strong, pungent flavour.
- Quince paste: This sweet paste made from quince fruit is a traditional pairing for hard, salty cheeses like manchego or aged cheddar.
- Apricot jam: This sweet jam can be served with a variety of cheeses, but is particularly good with tangy goat cheese or creamy brie.
- Tomato chutney: This spicy, savoury chutney made with tomatoes, onions, and spices is a good match for hard, salty cheeses like Parmesan or Pecorino Romano.
- Sevilla orange and artichoke: this is an original chutney which we found particularly well suited to blue cheese such as Stilton or Gorgonzola
These are just a few examples, and there are many other chutneys and jams that can be enjoyed with cheese. It can be fun to experiment with different flavour combinations to find your favorite pairing.