Frantoio Franci Villa Magra Grand Cru Extra Virgin Olive Oil 250ml
Villa Magra Grand Cru (250ml, 2022/2023 harvest) is the flagship premium extra virgin olive oil of Frantoio Franci. It is also widely viewed as the pioneer in the production of Italian olive oils of the highest quality and ranks as one of the most awarded oils in the world over the past 10 years. It is produced from a small dedicated grove at a 350 metre heights on the hills of Montenero d’Orcia in Tuscany. The intense green oil is produced from hand-picked Frantoio olives. Its taste is powerful, spicy and bitter with an excellent harmony, great complexity of vegetable scents with long persistence of soft aromatic notes. We recommend it with vegetable soups, red meats or on very tasty fish; in combination with fresh cheeses such as raveggiolo or mozzarella that exalt the fresh-vegetable component of the oil, on ricotta tortillas and spinach, rice or white pasta with parmiggiano.
Villa Magra Grand Cru received its first international recognition with the 1st International Tasting Award for the Best Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil, organised by Grand Jury Européen at Château Branire in June 2003. In October 2003, Grand Jury Européen president Francois Mauss proposed an an exchange between 100 bottles of Olive Oil Villa Magra Grand Cru, with 100 bottles of large Bordeaux, including Latour, Lafitte, Petrus, Cheval Blanc.
It is produced by Frantoio Franci, one of Italy’s most renowned olive oil producers. The farm, based near Montalcino in Montenero d’Orcia is currently managed by Giorgio Franci, having taken over from his father Fernando. The mill quickly became famous through its flagship Villa Magra Grand Cru, which has long been regarded as the pioneer on the segment of olive oils of the highest quality. Frantoio Franci progressively expanded its range to cover a large selection of oil form delicate to intense. It is one of of the most awarded olive oil producers in Italy and has received the highest score of 100 points and was named world’s best olive oil mill 2020 Flos Olei, the international olive oil guide.
- Monocultivar 2022: world's best olive oil
- Flos Olei 2022: maximum score 100 points
- Flos Olei 2020: maximum score 99 points, world's best olive oil mill
- Dubai Olive Oil Competition 2020: Gold Medal
- Guide Oli d’Italia 2020, Gambero Rosso: 3 Foglie
- Guide Oli d’Italia 2020, Gambero Rosso: Best monocultivar
- Monocultivar Olive Oil 2020 Competition: top gold 2020
- Guide “L’Olio”, Bibenda Editore 2020: 5 Gocce
- New York International Olive Oil Competition 2019: Gold Medal
- Evooleum International Competition 2019: Top 100, score 88/100
Ingredients: extra virgin olive oil