Oro Bailen Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil 250ml
Oro Bailen Picual (250ml) is the flagship premium extra virgin olive oil (2022/2023 harvest) of Oro Bailen, one of the world's most awarded olive oil producers, (99 points score in Flos Olei, the international olive oil guide for 2022) based in Jaen, Andalusia and run by José Galvez, after taking over the family business.
Oro Bailen Picual received a Great Taste Star 2022 from the Guild of Fine Foods. The judges from the competition explained: "Beautiful fragrance of green grass and fresh tomatoes. Initially smooth in the mouth, enlivened with a peppery finish. The judges really enjoyed the vibrancy of this oil."
This ultra-low acidity (less than 0.25%) medium fruity single estate premium extra virgin olive oil is typically produced in October during the first 2 weeks of harvest. It is cold-extracted within 2 hours and filtered to preserve its taste and quality throughout its shelf life.
It has an elegant and complex taste with herbal and fruity aromas and a spicy finish. We recommend it for carpaccio, caprese salad, tomatoes, rocket salad.
- Great Taste 2022: 1 star
- Flos Olei International Olive Oil Guide 2023: 99 points
- Olive Oil Japan 2023: Best Spanish olive oil
- Iberoleum 2023: score of 96.3, top 10 best Spanish intense olive oils
- Evooleum 2020: world's best extra virgin olive oil
- Iberoleum 2019: best Spanish extra virgin olive oil
- London International Olive Oil Competition in 2020 : platinum medal
- New York International Olive Oil Competition 2019: gold medal and best in class
- Olive Japan International Olive Oil Competition 2019: gold medal
- Los Angeles International EVOO Competition 2019: gold medal
Ingredients: extra virgin olive oil